Here comes the overview of the first (organic) garden meeting that was held on wednesday, 25.11.:
1. Introduction of the school project (students growing their own organic and "green" food, applying knowledge, getting new knowledge)
2. What already happened (contact to GLOBE, assurance of financial support from them; ILMANKOS - Tampere's climate change campaign -meeting and application for money from there is in progress; Mari Korhonen from TAMK, ENVE, is at the moment in Australia doing studies on permaculture, coming back during December, offered help)
3. Discussion about the scale and frame of the garden --> starting in a small scale and seeing where it goes, protocolling of happenings to get study points/credits
4. Introduction by Eeva-Liisa of the greenhouse that is in construction in the I-building - possible cooperation? Space on the roof of the building for the chemical engineers, maybe also here the possibility of joining.
5. Marjukka about projects in general (as mentioned in 3., doing something and protocolling it leads to credits :) )
6. Discussion about different possibilities for locations (on the schoolyard only in pots, e.g. besides the gym, maybe growing the sprouts inside the schoolbuilding, using unused spaces, contact person in any cases concerning activities on the school area is Mikko Luoto)
7. Short video
8. Closing the meeting
And another thing: At the GLOBE meeting we got offered a piece of land from Risto, 10mx10m, in a gardening area near Näsijärvi, only 2 km from Ritakatu. I will let you know more when I know more and Mari is back, because the next meeting we need to plan with her. She will bring two videos about permaculture and there we will decide next steps on how to proceed/what we want to do exactly (what kind of vegetables we grow, how to manage the maintanance of the garden, timetables,...)
IT IS STILL POSSIBLE TO JOIN THE PROJECT, SO EVERYONE WHO IS INTERESTED IN AN OWN ORGANIC GARDEN SHOULD COME TO THE 2nd MEETING!
Think already about your favourite vegetables and if you have things you want to try out in the garden! Next time it is brainstorming-time! :)